Join us for the Nimbus Arts Floating Pumpkin Community Art Exhibit at Farmstead!
Get your family and friends into the Halloween spirit by participating in our 2nd Nimbus Arts FLOATING PUMPKIN EXHIBIT at Farmstead Restaurant and gardens. That’s right, the entire community is invited to display your hand-carved pumpkins, “floating” fabulously on pikes throughout the bountiful Farmstead gardens. Our goal is to have 200 solar-powered glowing and grinning pumpkins to artfully light up the Farmstead gardens! This magical pumpkin art exhibit will once again bring wonder, joy, and grins in celebration of Halloween and our community.
**Please Note: Due to COVID-19 regulations you must sign up for a time slot on Eventbrite! You can sign up for a viewing on the nights of Oct. 29, 30, or 31 by clicking “Select a Date”. The display is best seen at night.
Here’s how to be a part of the Nimbus Arts & Farmstead Floating Pumpkin Installation!
1.) PICK UP A PUMPKIN!
- There will be a limited number of FREE pumpkins available to community members on Monday, Oct. 25 & Tuesday, Oct. 26 after 10:00 am! Or support a local farmer and buy a pumpkin at Madrona Family Farms, Stanley Lane Pumpkin Patch or the Farmer’s Market!
- PUMPKIN PICK UP LOCATION: Nimbus Arts, 649 Main St., Saint Helena, CA – on the southside parking lot next to Studio 1! (On Oct. 25 & 26).
2.) CARVE YOUR PUMPKIN!
- Carve at home following the instructions below OR sign up for our Master Pumpkin Carving Class on Oct. 28th HERE!
- Pumpkins should be NO larger than 13” in diameter
- IMPORTANT CUTTING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Please leave the pumpkin top intact for solar light installation.
- Please cut a 5″ block out from the back of the pumpkin and save the plug. Reinsert the plug once you are finished removing the seeds.
- Carve your pumpkin as close to the drop off date as possible so they hold up through the exhibit dates! We recommend carving your pumpkins on the evening of Thursday, Oct. 28th or signing up for our Master Pumpkin Carving class on Oct. 28th so it’s fresh for drop-off the next morning!
3.) CHOOSE WISELY!
- The pumpkin you choose to display will not be returned to you, so carve a masterpiece to be proud of… but don’t get too attached.
4.) DROP-OFF YOUR CARVED PUMPKIN!
- Bring your carved pumpkin to the western side of the Farmstead parking lot near the Café on Friday, October 29th between 7:00 am and 10:00 am. Look for our designated “Pumpkin Person” for our solar light installation and placement. We will be outdoors: face coverings required for unvaccinated guests and highly encouraged for vaccinated guests.
- Pumpkins will NOT be accepted after Thursday at 10am to ensure smooth service for the Farmstead Restaurant and team!
- Stay for a coffee and breakfast at the Farmstead Café if you’d like!
SIGN UP TO VIEW YOUR PUMPKIN & COMMUNITY ART INSTALLATION! Due to COVID-19 regulations you must sign up for a time slot on Eventbrite! You can sign up for a viewing on the nights of Oct. 29, 30, or 31 by clicking “Select a Date”. The display is best seen at night.
MAKE A RESERVATION & ENJOY DINNER AT FARMSTEAD! Make a reservation to enjoy dinner at Farmstead before or after your viewing if you’d like! Make your dinner reservation HERE! Please familiarize yourself with Farmstead’s current Health and Safety guidelines: Face coverings are REQUIRED INDOORS for ALL guests when not seated at their table. Face coverings are REQUIRED for UNVACCINATED guests when not seated at their table. Face coverings are NOT REQUIRED for VACCINATED guests OUTDOORS. PICK-UP & DELIVERY options are available for unvaccinated guests unable to wear face coverings.
FEED A PIGGY! After our event your pumpkins will be donated to a local farmers’ hungry piggies and serve as a fabulous feast for our fine swine friends!
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
Mon. Oct. 25 & Tues. Oct. 26 | All day – Free pumpkin pick up at Nimbus Arts (south side parking lot of Nimbus Arts Studio 1)
Thurs. Oct. 28 | 3:30pm – 5:30pm (kids) OR 6:30pm – 8:30pm (teens/adults) – Master Pumpkin Carving Class at Nimbus (space is limited)
Fri. Oct. 29 | 7:00am – 10:00am – Community brings carved pumpkins to Farmstead near Café entrance for display setup
Fri. Oct. 29 – Sun. Oct. 31 | 7:00pm – 9:30pm – Community members visit display during preselected time slots