Save the date! NIMBASH: May 11, 2024
Dear NIMBASH Community,
We hosted our 14th annual NIMBASH fundraiser on Saturday, May 13, 2023.
Returning to Charles Krug Winery in St. Helena, more than 400 party-going art lovers raised over $700,000 to support local artists, community art programs, and the ongoing operations of Nimbus Arts. The fund-a-need, setting a record, raised over $190,000 to support our programs and community outreach activities.
Providing employment and income for local artists is a central part of the Nimbus Arts’ mission. NIMBASH delivered 50% of art sale income to working artists in our community and beyond. Local artists were further supported through wages and commissions earned through the production of NIMBASH.
NIMBASH is an utterly original and unforgettable “arty-party” that combines interactive art activities, live music and performance art, a spectacular art fashion show created by the Ehlers Society, farm-to-table food, superlative wines, silent and live auctions, and an after-burner dance party.
This year’s theme, “Camp NIMBASH,” celebrated the coming of summer and remembrances of the long warm evenings of childhood. Guests explored the “campground” setting and participated in themed art activities such as camp t-shirt screen printing, woodburning, mosaic, watercolor postcards, archery led by local Troop #1 Boy Scouts, and Raku pottery S’mores. “The magic of NIMBASH is that it so beautifully reflects the incredible community generosity, and artistic spirit of Napa Valley,” said Jamie Graff, co-founder, and Executive Director of Nimbus Arts.
The NimBUS also made its debut at the event. Funded through grants and previous NIMBASH and general donations, NimBUS is a mobile art studio designed to bring Nimbus Arts programs and activities to even more locations across Napa County. The NimBUS will go mobile this summer to deliver art programs to public schools, parks, and community events, extending our organization’s mission to make art education and activities accessible and available to everyone in Napa County.
Camp NIMBASH celebrated and raised funds for Nimbus Arts’ current community collaboration with Mentis, Napa County’s leading mental health resource, and their Teens Connect youth program. This collaboration extends the proven benefits of group artmaking to both strengthen community and serve as an outlet for self-expression. The initiative will increase awareness of Mentis’ programs and services while creating another stellar community-made mosaic art installation. Nimbus Arts and Teens Connect youth will host mosaic-making activities inviting hundreds of community members to create personal mosaic elements that will be combined onto sculptural stone-stacked forms or “cairns”. These beautiful mosaic-clad stone stacks will be installed as public art in a prominent location in the City of Napa, and will symbolize community stability, strength, balance, and harmony—the theme of the Nimbus Arts & Mentis Teens Connect collaboration.
Thank you to all who supported, donated, attended, and participated in NIMBASH 2023!
Our special thanks go out to:
- Charles Krug Winery for providing the fabulous venue for this year’s fourteenth annual NIMBASH.
- To the exceptional food and wine artisans serving throughout the NIMBASH reception, we value and thank you for your delicious offerings and support!
- We are so grateful to Oak Avenue Catering for their delicious NIMBASH 2023 ‘Campfire cookin’.
- We extend our sincere and heartfelt appreciation to our friends, artists, and community members who have donated art, products, and services to the NIMBASH auction.
- A very special “shout out” to the Ehlers Society and their crew for creating the most imaginative and stunning NIMBASH fashion show and set design artistry for the fourteenth year!
- Our deep thanks to Joleen & David Hughes, of Level Inc., Calistoga, CA, Michael Roché, “Positively Creative” Nap Valley + California, and Julia Field, Field Art Works, Seattle, WA, for creation of the promotional materials and slide show.
- We are so grateful to Karen Aldoroty and everyone at 55 Degrees for expert handling and storage of the outstanding wines served and sold at NIMBASH.
- A special tip of the hat to the talented and dedicated Nimbus Arts Board of Directors, Leadership Circle, and donors (large and small) who sustain us. You provide us with a guiding light, steadfast dedication, and continual support.
- We extend profound gratitude to the NIMBASH 2023 sponsors including: 3.1 Phillip Lim, Charles Krug–Peter Mondavi Sr. Family Estate, Centric General Contractors, elysewalker, Gary’s Wine & Marketplace, Grassi & Associates, Tara Rudman, Diane B. Wilsey, Ciatti Company, Farella Braun + Martel, Grgich Hills Estate, Mendocino Grove, Storage Star, Malloy Imrie & Vasconi Insurance Services LLC, Martin Design, Melody Raye Flowers, Walker Construction, and our Fashion Show Enthusiasts: elysewalker, Betty & Andy Beckstoffer, Crisp Kitchen & Juice, Elaine M. Jones, Erin Lail, Gail Policy, Ginger Martin + Co., Kelly Nelson Steinthal, Lesli Blackman, Michael & Alicia Vanderbyl, Sonya & Rick Garber, Vincent & Kristen Georges
- We are also deeply grateful to the many companies and individuals who donated their products and services to make NIMBASH 2023 such a success!
- Our special, loving recognition to the many artists, community members, those who attended the weekly community work parties, and the mighty Nimbus staff & team who have donated their time, talents, and good humor to the production of NIMBASH 2023. Your community effort, passionate creativity, and grand labor of love are what make NIMBASH such an original event!
And finally, our deepest thanks to our entire community for your support, generosity, and creativity. NIMBASH helps ensure that Nimbus Arts continues to deliver high quality art education and programs to people of all ages, igniting artistic expression across the Napa Valley.
We are honored and humbled by such an incredible show of support and are profoundly grateful to live and work in such a generous and enthusiastic community.
Click HERE to read the NIMBASH 2023 story in the St. Helena Star!
Follow this LINK to view an album of photos from NIMBASH 2023!
Photos courtesy of Briana Marie Photography