NIMBASH 2021 – Wow! What a Night!
On Saturday, September 11, NIMBASH 2021, our eleventh annual interactive arty party and auction, dazzled more than 400 art lovers from the Napa Valley and beyond. Hosted for the first time at the majestic Charles Krug Winery, we celebrated our theme, Alchemy, the magical process of combining and transforming everyday elements into
t together dozens of our artists, and hundreds of scores of generous community art lovers to celebrate our spectacular evening of art, wine, food, fashion, music, and so much more.
NIMBASH 2021, our first such gathering since May of 2019, raised over $750,000. Of this, nearly 50% of NIMBASH expenses were paid directly to artists as wages and commissions. Another exciting record was also set — our fund-a-need raised over $170,000! These funds will be used to fuel arts programming both at Nimbus and throughout the community. Importantly, it will fund and fuel the launch of Nim-BUS, an art center on wheels bringing art to our community in a new and exciting way!
More than 50 vendors donated food and wine, 20 artists offered dynamic new art activities and demonstrations for guests, over 50 artists produced an out-of-this-world fashion show, and an additional 75 volunteers helped make NIMBASH 2021 safe for all. NIMBASH remains the Napa Valley’s most innovative and exciting event! From steamrolling largescale printmaking and flame glass fusing demonstrations, perfume making, RAKU open-flame ceramics, Honey Tasting and therapeutic live “Bee Bed” experiences, printmaking card art activity and more… guests were engaged in exciting, interactive, artist-led activities.
The always fabulous NIMBASH fashion show kicked off the evening’s main event with fabulous stage sets that changed and transformed, in theme, with dramatic fashion, flair, and magical dance performances, leaving our entire audience in awe. Our guests enjoyed a delicious Greek meal paired with exceptional local wines as auctioneer Richard D. Pio Roda launched the live auction. The energy of being together once again created an atmosphere of joy and warmth, and the crowd’s enthusiasm shattered records as each magnificent work of art and luxury experience went under the hammer. A special spirit of generosity and community spirit filled the air as paddles were raised during the fund-a-need for Nimbus Arts financial aid, community art programs, and funds to fuel Nimbus Arts’ first Nim-BUS Mobile Arts Studio!!
As the main fundraiser for Nimbus Arts, NIMBASH energizes and powers our community-serving nonprofit dedicated to igniting artistic expression across the Napa Valley. Dozens of artists from throughout our community and beyond donated more than 200 original works of art and received commissions, supporting our community’s working artists and enlivening homes across the Napa Valley with local art.
The funds raised at NIMBASH constitute about 50% of Nimbus Arts’ annual budget and also help us to make art programs and education accessible to everyone in our community.
Thank you to all who supported, donated, attended, and participated in NIMBASH 2021!
Our special thanks go out to:
- Charles Krug Winery for providing the fabulous venue for this year’s eleventh annual NIMBASH.
- To the exceptional food and wine artisans serving throughout the NIMBASH reception, we value and thank you for your delicious offerings and support!
- We are so grateful to Oak Avenue Catering for their delicious NIMBASH 2021 ‘Greek’ Feast.
- We extend our sincere and heartfelt appreciation to our friends, artists, and community members who have donated art, products, and services to the NIMBASH auction.
- A very special “shout out” to the Ehlers Society and their crew for creating the most imaginative and stunning NIMBASH fashion show and set design artistry for the eleventh year!
- Our deep thanks to Joleen & David Hughes, of Level Inc., Calistoga, CA, and Julia Field, Field Art Works, Seattle, WA, for creation of the promotional materials and slide show.
- We are so grateful to Karen Aldoroty and everyone at 55 Degrees for expert handling and storage of the outstanding wines served and sold at NIMBASH.
- A special tip of the hat to the talented and dedicated Nimbus Arts Board of Directors, Leadership Circle, and donors (large and small) who sustain us. You provide us with a guiding light, steadfast dedication, and continual support.
- We are delighted to acknowledge and thank our 2021 NIMBASH Sponsors: 3.1 Phillip Lim, Charles Krug-Peter Mondavi Sr. Family Estate, Jim Agius + Alexander Smirnoff, Centric General Contractors, Cra-Z-Art & The DeLuca Family Foundation, Farella Braun + Martel LLP, Gary’s Wine & Marketplace, Alila Napa Valley Hotel, BNY Mellon, Ciatti Company, Grassi & Associates, Mendocino Grove, Napa Valley Vintners, SHGRP LLC, Storage Star, Wooly’s Electric, Beckstoffer Vineyards, elysewalker, Malloy Imrie & Vasconi Insurance Services LLC, Owen Accounting, H&E Equipment, Martin Design, Melody Raye Flowers, & Walker Construction.
- Our special, loving recognition to the many artists, community members, those who attended the weekly community work parties, and the mighty Nimbus staff & team who have donated their time, talents, and good humor to the production of NIMBASH 2021. Your community effort, passionate creativity, and grand labor of love are what make NIMBASH such an original event!
And finally, our deepest thanks to our entire community for your support, generosity, and creativity. NIMBASH helps ensure that Nimbus Arts continues to deliver high quality art education and programs to people of all ages, igniting artistic expression across the Napa Valley.
We are honored and humbled by such an incredible show of support and are profoundly grateful to live and work in such a generous and enthusiastic community.
NIMBASH is an annual celebration of the arts and artists of Napa Valley, consisting of a wide array of art activities, delicious food + drink from a variety of local purveyors, uncommonly delightful music, a radically artistic fashion show, and silent and live auctions featuring amazing art, delectable wines and compelling experiences. Funds raised at NIMBASH support the ongoing classes and programs of Nimbus Arts – a local nonprofit that brings together people of all ages and skill levels, nurturing curiosity, learning, creative expression, and a sense of community.
THANK YOU 2021 SPONSORS