Join us for the Nimbus Arts Floating Pumpkin community art installation!
Get your family and friends into the Halloween spirit by participating in the 1st Nimbus Arts FLOATING PUMPKIN EXHIBIT at Farmstead Restaurant and gardens. That’s right, the entire community is invited to display your hand-carved pumpkins, “floating” fabulously on pikes throughout the bountiful Farmstead gardens. Our goal is to have 200 solar-powered glowing and grinning pumpkins to artfully light up the Farmstead gardens! This magical pumpkin art exhibit will surely bring wonder, joy, and grins in celebration of Halloween and our community.
Here’s how to be a part of the Nimbus Arts & Farmstead Floating Pumpkin Installation!
1.) PICK UP A PUMPKIN! There will be a limited number of free pumpkins available to community members on Monday, Oct. 26 & Tuesday, Oct. 27! Or support a local farmer and buy a pumpkin at Madrona Family Farms, Stanley Lane Pumpkin Patch or the Farmer’s Market!
PUMPKIN PICK UP LOCATIONS:
• Nimbus Arts, 649 Main St., Saint Helena, CA – behind Studio 2
• Rianda House, 1475 Main St., Saint Helena, CA
2.) CARVE YOUR PUMPKIN!
• Pumpkins should be NO larger than 13” in diameter
• IMPORTANT CUTTING INSTRUCTIONS:
• Please leave the pumpkin top in tact for solar light installation.
• Please cut a 5″ block out from the back of the pumpkin and save the plug. Reinsert the plug once
you are finished removing the seeds.
• Carve your pumpkin as close to the drop off date as possible so they hold up through the exhibit
3.) CHOOSE WISELY! The pumpkin you choose to display will not be returned to you, so carve a masterpiece to be proud of… but don’t get too attached.
4.) DROP-OFF YOUR CARVED PUMPKIN! Bring your carved pumpkin to the western side of the Farmstead parking lot near the Café on Thursday, October 29th between 7:00 am and 10:00 am. Look for our designated “Pumpkin Person” for our solar light installation and placement.
• Pumpkins will NOT be accepted at any other time to ensure smooth service for the Farmstead Restaurant and team!
• COVID-19 preventative best practices must be followed! Please wear face coverings, stay 6 feet apart, and practice proper hand hygiene.
• Stay for a coffee and breakfast at the Farmstead Café if you’d like!
SIGN UP TO VIEW YOUR PUMPKIN & COMMUNITY ART INSTALLATION! Due to COVID-19 regulations you must sign up for a time slot HERE!
MAKE A RESERVATION & ENJOY DINNER AT FARMSTEAD! – After you sign up for a day and time to wander the exhibit, make a reservation at Farmstead before or after your viewing if you’d like to stay for dinner! Make your reservation HERE!
FEED A PIGGY – After our event your pumpkins will be donated to a local farmers’ hungry piggies and serve as a fabulous feast for our fine swine friends!