Nimbus Arts Welcomes You Back! Napa County and State of California health officials have approved…
Dear NIMBASH Community,
On Saturday, May 18, NIMBASH 2019, our tenth annual interactive arty party and auction dazzled more than 430 art lovers from the Napa Valley and beyond who didn’t let the rain stop their celebration. Hosted for the first time at the Nimbus Arts studios on Main Street, we celebrated the theme of the special place we individually and collectively call HOME with a spectacular evening of art, wine, food, fashion, music — and so much more.
NIMBASH 2019 raised over $660,000 – a new record for our annual event. Of this, nearly 50% of NIMBASH expenses were paid directly to artists as wages and commissions. Importantly, our fund-a-need raised over $130,000! These funds will be used to fuel arts programming both at Nimbus and throughout the community, and also will fund structural improvements and equipment for our metal arts programming, which is a high-demand activity with our Court and Community School students.
More than 50 vendors donated food and wine, 20 artists offered art activities for guests, 75 artists produced an out-of-this-world fashion show, and an additional 50 volunteers helped make NIMBASH 2019 the Napa Valley’s most innovative and exciting event! From birdhouse painting to tape art installations, magnificent magnets, RAKU open-flame ceramics, Italian paper marbling, and tempera painting and more, guests were engaged in exciting, interactive, artist-led activities.
The always fabulous NIMBASH fashion show kicked off the evening’s main event inside the cozy and festive tent. While the rain came down, guests enjoyed a delicious home-style meal paired with exceptional local wines as auctioneer Richard D. Pio Roda launched the live auction. The energy in the tent was sizzling and the crowd’s enthusiasm shattered records as each magnificent work of art and luxury experience went under the hammer. Generosity and community spirit filled the tent as Nimbus Arts Board Director and artist, Matt Rogers, took the gavel for the Fund-A-Need, raising more than $130,000 for scholarships, financial aid, community art programs, and upgrades to the organization’s studios.
As the main fundraiser for Nimbus Arts, NIMBASH energizes and powers our community-serving nonprofit dedicated to igniting artistic expression across the Napa Valley. Dozens of artists from throughout our community donated more than 200 original works of art and received commissions, supporting our community’s working artists and enlivening homes across the Napa Valley with local art.
The funds raised at NIMBASH constitute about 50% of Nimbus Arts’ annual budget and also help us to make art programs and education accessible to everyone in our community.
Thank you to all who supported, donated, attended, and participated in NIMBASH 2019!
Our special thanks go out to:
- Rodney Friedrich and Vineland Station for providing the fabulous venue for this year’s tenth annual NIMBASH and for all his help with our studio expansion and improvements!
- We are grateful for the patience and generosity of our neighbors; thank you Napa Soap Company, Trujillo Wines and Behrens Family Winery.
- To the exceptional food and wine artisans serving throughout the NIMBASH reception, we value you and thank you for your delicious offerings and support!
- We are so grateful to Oak Avenue Catering for their delicious NIMBASH 2019 Home-Cookin’ Feast.
- We extend our sincere and heartfelt appreciation to our friends, artists, and community members who have donated art, products and services to the NIMBASH auction.
- A very special “shout out” to the Ehlers Society and their crew, for creating the most imaginative and stunning NIMBASH fashion show and projection artistry for the tenth year!
- Our deep thanks to Joleen & David Hughes, Level, Calistoga, CA, and Julia Field, Field Art Works, Seattle, WA, for creation of the promotional materials, video, and slide show.
- Heartfelt thanks to quilting artist Louise Hornor and embroidery artists Lucy Freeman, Rebecca Ringquist and @mooshiestitch for allowing us to use images of their beautiful hand work in our live auction slides and display panels.
- We are so grateful to Karen Aldoroty and everyone at 55 Degrees for expert handling and storage of the outstanding wines served and sold at NIMBASH.
- A special tip of the hat to the talented and dedicated Nimbus Arts Board of Directors, Leadership Circle, and donors (large and small) who sustain us. You provide us with a guiding light, steadfast dedication and continual support.
- We are delighted to acknowledge and thank our 2019 NIMBASH Sponsors: Adventist Health St. Helena, Beckstoffer Vineyards, BNY Mellon Wealth Management, Farella Braun + Martell LLP, Malloy Imrie & Vasconi Insurance Services LLC, Martin Design, Melody Ray Flowers, Nadalié USA, Napa Valley Art Supply, Napa Valley Vintners, Pixelfete, St. Helena Optometry, Vineland Station, Walker Construction, Wiedmann Sculpture Studio, Wine Service Cooperative. Special thanks to our first-ever Fashion Show sponsor, Bettina Bryant.
- Profound thanks to 3.1 Phillip Lim for their many generous contributions throughout the year and for sponsoring an amazing pre-NIMBASH dinner benefiting Nimbus Arts and celebrating the launch of More Than Our Bellies – A Cookbook by Phillip Lim & Viviane Sassen.
- Our special, loving recognition to the many artists, community members, those who attended the weekly community work parties, and the mighty Nimbus team who have donated their time, talents and good humor to the production of NIMBASH 2019. Your community effort, passionate creativity, and grand labor of love are what make NIMBASH such an original event!
And finally, our deepest thanks to our entire community for your support, generosity, and creativity. NIMBASH helps ensure that Nimbus Arts continues to deliver high quality art education and programs to people of all ages, igniting artistic expression across the Napa Valley.
We are honored and humbled by such an incredible show of support and are profoundly grateful to live and work in such a generous and enthusiastic community.
Click here to read the St. Helena Star cover story, NIMBASH 2019 in the St. Helena Star, May 29, 2019.
Follow this link to view an album of photos from NIMBASH 2019.
NIMBASH 2020 will return to our Vineland Station home on Saturday, May 9 for the 11th edition of our celebration of art in the Napa Valley. Home is where the Art is.
|To learn more about NIMBASH, click here.|